Overnight Reindeer Sledding and Northern LightsShow map
Try reindeer sledding, the oldest form of transportation in the north, with authentic Saami guides from the family-run company Tromsø Lapland and stay with us for the night in a traditional Saami tent.
This cultural adventure includes approximately 30-minutes of reindeer sledding, before you can enjoy a hot meal served in our lavvo while listening to stories about the Saami culture and history. The location has little artificial lighting and excellent conditions to hunt for the Northern Lights. Instead of heading back to the city center where you might miss a late night dance from the Aurora, stay at this good location in a traditional Saami tent, known as lavvo, and sleep on reindeer hides in winter-insulated sleeping bags.
Since you are located a good distance from the bright lights of the city, you can thoroughly enjoy the splendors of the night sky. Allow yourself to become one with nature and replenish your mind and soul on your overnight excursion.
After breakfast the next day you are transferred back to the city.
You are back at the hotel around 11:00 the next day.
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
Number of participants: 2-10 (2-48 for only Reindeer sledding safari)
Level of difficulty: Easy / Family
Not suitable for wheel-chair.
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
• Knowledgeable English- and Norwegian-speaking guide
• Thermal winter suit, warm boots, (hat, mittens)
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 30 min, depending on weather and snow conditions)
• Feeding the herd on our camp
• Cultural introduction to Saami history and daily life
• Local guide
• Hot traditional Saami meal (bithos) and hot drinks (Vegetarian option available on request)
What to bring (optional):
• Woolen- /thermal underwear
• Personal equipment
Latest meeting time and place: 17:50 (5.50pm) at Radisson BLU Hotel, Sjøgata 7
Departure time and place: 18:00 (6pm) from Radisson BLU Hotel
After getting picked up at the departure location you will head on to the scenic landscapes at the edge of Tromsø, almost 50 km from the city centre. This mountainous area close to the Lyngen Alps is home to magnificent coastal sceneries and idyllic villages.